Friday, June 6, 2008

more brush testing


The idea of this sketch was to mimic a natural media process with my new brushes. This was created in about an hour. First I drew it with my "vine charcoal" brush. After the under-drawing was in place, I glazed over top with a jagged round brush, and then painted opaques with my acrylic flat. These three worked together to create natural looking texture and mark variation without any sort of overlay at the end. I'm happy with the way they are feeling, and will add a couple more soon.

In other news, I just got a job working for Vicious Cycle and will be moving to Chapel Hill NC on Monday. I graduated SCAD last Saturday, and am looking forward to life in a new town! Because of the move, I'm not sue how much I will be posting in the next week or so.

No comments: